Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's Still Warm Here!

I was looking at photos of kids in the snow and laughed because Bryant went to school this morning in shorts and a t-shirt. We're enjoying the weather. Jeff now plays tennis every Thursday evening at the amenities center with one of our neighbors. Bryant spends all day, every day outside. I hardly see him some days.Besides that, we're living life and trying to wrap our minds around the fact we're finally having another kid. Bryant really wants a brother and refers to the baby as "him". I asked him "What if it's a girl?" and he told me he didn't know what he would do. He's so excited. I've been telling him stories about when he was a baby and he just grins when I tell him how all over the place he was. Darn kid.I'll be having my first ultrasound this Monday to confirm we're only having one. A friend, who has twins of her own, keeps hinting she thinks we might be having twins. I don't even want to think about that possibility right now. I'm not all that sick anymore, just hungry all the time. And very tired. I have to make sure I take a nap before Bryant gets home so I can make it the rest of the day. Especially for piano lessons.I'm officially 10 weeks along and my jeans are no longer comfortable. Which really stinks because for Christmas, I asked my parents for a gift card to Eddie Bauer to buy jeans that fit me really well. That didn't work out. Speaking of Christmas, ours was pretty good. No snow. We have had fog, though. Bryant finally got his coveted Nintendo DS along with a Pokemon game. He takes it everywhere. I love that it has a headphone jack. I don't have to hear it. I got new dishes and flatware. LOVE THEM!!! Jeff got a table saw and scroll saw. He spends so much more time out in the garage than I've ever seen him do. He spent hours cleaning it up to make room for his new toys. Then he made trophies for the Pinewood Derby and one to take to work. They look amazing. He literally spends most of the day out there making stuff. I've started a nice list of projects for him. We harvested our first orange off our orange tree (bush). It was so good. We were disappointed there was only one, but we can't expect much from a tree that only reaches our knees.No photos today. I'm rapidly running out of steam and am extremely hungry all of a sudden. I'll post some later.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Congrats!! Just wanted to say high!! Found your blog from your sisters. Its been a while!! Florida? How did you end up there? Last time I saw you you came into Lowes in Layton where I was working at the time.
Sara :)