Monday, May 4, 2009

May Day!

No, we're not calling for help. The weather has been so amazing, it's almost cause to celebrate. Last weekend, we went to the beach and had a wonderfully relaxing time. Bryant and Jeff built an evil lair - complete with traps - and I wandered up and down collecting shells. We tried a new beach this time, with finer sand, and liked it a lot. It's at Anastasia State Park. They have RV camping spots there with water and electric hookups. We'll probably take a long weekend after school lets out and go stay for a couple of days. There's windsurfing, kayak, and canoe rentals as well as a fish cleaning station. There's also an old coquina quarry and nature trail. It should prove to be a good weekend.
In a couple of weeks, some friends of mine are throwing me a baby shower. It's going to be at our house because Jeff and Bryant are going on a father/son campout. They bought a new tent and a couple of cots. Bryant is really excited about it, but he's a little bummed about missing the shower. He made me promise to save him a cupcake.
Decluttering is done and the stuff is shipped off to Goodwill. It's amazing how clean the house stays when there's not a lot of junk in the way. It takes less than 30 minutes to completely clean the house most mornings. That's going to really nice once the baby is born.
Speaking of which - he's doing just fine. My blood pressure is staying down (thank heavens!) and he's growing like a weed. He spends most his time squirming and stretching and making me just plain uncomfortable. Today, I laid down for a nap and he kicked and moved for over an hour. No sleep for me. Sigh.
Jeff finished painting Corbin's room (by the way, that's the name we've chosen) about a week ago. It looks great. Bryant helped put the crib up and I put Winnie the Pooh decals on the walls. I've also recovered the bumper pad in dard blue. All that's left is the curtain, a pillowcase, a crib sheet, and his dresser. Then we're done.
Ooh! Funny thing happened while making dinner tonight. I was making baked potatoes. Less than a minute before the timer went off, I heard a *pop*. I checked it out and found potato guts all over the inside of my oven. One of the potatoes had exploded! Poor Jeff will have to help clean it up because I can't quite get in there.
Only five more weeks of school! We're getting excited. Every day it gets hotter and hotter walking down to the bus stop and back. Thank goodness for air conditioning! Still, we're sweating by the time we get home in the afternoons. We are SO going to be living at the pool and beach this summer.

No comments: